9.24.2005

Favourite New Toy

Oh, I loves me some Google Earth! It's just the coolest app - I thought Google Maps was wicked awesome, but Earth takes Maps and adds all kinds of cool features.

And I love their Terms & Conditions - especially this part:

THE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, OR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL MACHINES OR ANY OTHER SUCH HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES IN WHICH CASE THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.

I'm disappointed, of course - there go my plans for a home nuclear reactor*. Still, it's a marvelous time waster, and they have no restrictions on its use in world domination activities. Unless that falls under "hazardous activities etc."

I'm now going to try to explain to the Monkeychild how it's possible to be in Aldergrove, Canada, and North America all at the same time. We've had more than a few tears over the issue to date, and I will be ever so grateful to Google if we can clarify the situation.



*To be honest, I'm not quite sure how one would use a map of the world, no matter how detailed, in the day-to-day running of a reactor. But I'm no physicist, so what do I know?