3.14.2005

Weighing in on Trade Issues

Being highly conflict-averse, I don't normally publicize my opinions on politics, international affairs, or other weighty issues. But ...

A couple of weeks ago, Tom Allen of CBC fame said something on the subject of our current trade problems with the US that had me laughing out loud, tears in my eyes, as I was sitting in traffic on my way to work*. He suggested that Canada follow the example of the French knights in Monty Python & the Holy Grail and, with a cry of "Fetchez la vache!", start lobbing Canadian cattle across the border. It would give their missile defence system a good workout, and clear up the backlog of aging bovines. If we built the catapults with softwood lumber, everyone would be a winner.


*I've been meaning to share it here ever since, but got a little sidetracked by the incredible weather (20 degrees yesterday), our new pets, and a plethora of job options and so am just getting around to it.