9.30.2004

Why

Why did I start this blog? I'm not sure, really. A spur of the moment whim after months of entertaining the possibility. The most definitive impetus was the requirement to create a log-in ID with Blogger to comment on my SO's blog. I signed up, then thought I might as well start a blog of my own, instead of just commenting on his at intervals.

I still don't know what my real motivation is. Fame and fortune, possibly - there's a part of me that would love to be widely known and respected for my wit, wisdom, and winning personality. But a bigger part of me shies away from public recognition and thinks it would be a burden. I don't handle praise very well - it tends to make me stop whatever I'm doing.

And my Beloved has been encouraging me to write for quite some time now, so I suppose part of this is a desire to please him. And to prove to myself that I can do it - that I can write regularly, and well. There are a lot of pretty bad blogs out there, let's face it, and if they have a right to publish, so do I.

And I guess part of me just wants my voice to be heard, by however small an audience. I'm still undecided as to whether I want to keep this anonymous or not. I'm not a terribly controversial person, so I don't expect what I write here will shock anyone who knows me, but perhaps I'll reveal more of my insecurities than I'm comfortable sharing with my friends and family.

I guess we'll see.