5.20.2005

Putting It All In Perspective

Despite all the headaches and hassles of the last couple of years - almost all involving jobs and/or money - I have a great many things to be thankful for:
  • Dean - I don't want to even think about what my life would be without him. He is my best friend, my staunchest supporter, my passion and desire, my protector, my strength ... and so very much more.
  • Whatever the power that brought us together, for causing our paths to cross at the time when we most needed to find each other.
  • Our children, and their continued health and happiness. They are bright, beautiful, and loving creatures, and I'm constantly amazed that I had anything to do with their creation.
  • My parents, who do an amazing job of striking a balance between helping us and giving us space to live our own lives - as they have done throughout my life. And I really like them as people, too - if I wasn't related to them, I'd still want to know them.
  • The rest of my family - brother, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and my grandfather - because I know they will always love me for who I am, and give me the support I need without trying to consume more of my life than I'm willing to give them.
  • My friends, who often deserve more of my time and energy but understand that we've reached the age where we all have other commitments, and that honouring those takes nothing away from the friendship.
There are other things in my life for which I am grateful, but this is what really matters. The people - everything else can be replaced.